EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a collection of legislation intended to standardise data privacy laws throughout Europe and improve privacy restrictions for European Union residents. GDPR applies to firms in other countries that supply products or services to EU people, in addition to all enterprises within the EU.
UK Data Protection Act (DPA)
The Data Protection Act 2018 (c. 12) is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament which updates data protection laws in the UK. It is a national law which is the UK’s implementation of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Australian Privacy Act (APA)
The Privacy Act 1988 is the principal piece of Australian legislation protecting the handling of personal information about individuals. This includes the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information in the federal public sector and in the private sector. It is a national law which is Australia’s implementation of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Is HybridHero GDPR, DPA & APA Compliant?
Yes, HybridHero services are GDPR, DPA and APA compliant. The rule assigns distinct functions to corporations based on how they interact with consumer data. Because we process personal data on behalf of our clients, who are data controllers, HybridHero is classified as a data processor.
As a data processor, we have prepared for GDPR by:
- Confirming that the vendors we use also adhere to GDPR
- Developing an internal process that allows our customers to request anonymisation of their data
- Publishing a Data Processing Addendum that assists our customers in meeting their GDPR contractual obligations which is included in our UK and Australian Terms & Conditions.
How HybridHero Visitor Management (coming soon) will help support your GDPR compliance efforts
HybridHero clients are considered data controllers since they are gathering personal data for their company’s purpose. In the following ways, using HybridHero Visitor Management will help support your GDPR compliance efforts:
- Keep visitor data confidential by having them sign in on an iPad rather than a visible logbook.
- Allow visitors to choose whether or not to provide personal information.
- When required, request that your visitor data be anonymized.
For more information or if you have any issues concerning HybridHero’s GDPR compliance, please email us